Dating back to 1895, Springdale Golf Club is one of the oldest golf clubs in New Jersey. Designed by Gerard Lambert and revised by William Flynn in 1926, the walkable course requires precision shot-making and has superior conditions and playability. The property, which was originally private farmland, was purchased by the Princeton University Class of 1886 and gifted to Princeton University with the expectation of establishing one of the first courses in the region. The private club has a close relationship with the University, and counts many university professors, administrators and students among its members. With a fine and experienced PGA staff, the club hosts numerous tournaments, collegiate matches, clinics and golf outings every year.