Princeton Golf Club renamed to Springdale Golf Club

The old clubhouse was originally a tenant-farmer house, 1860 then located behind the 2nd green. The class of 1886 purchased the house from the Springdale Association and deeded it to the University in 1903 with the provision that it be used for the reunions of the Class of 1886 and each member would be a life time member of the golf club. The old Clubhouse was moved to its present location because it was obstructing the view of the Cleveland Tower.